What Is Design-Build?
Design-Build brings together the arts of architecture, interior design, and construction to efficiently plan, design, and build your project with one single team from start to finish — giving the customer a streamlined process of communication and accountability for a successful project.
The design and construction team works together to design and plan your project around a targeted budget, ensuring that the final design is buildable and financially responsible.
Every remodeling project carries the potential for unforeseen problems, depending on the existing house. With a design-build firm, you have one single point of contact to resolve any issues that may occur. No more playing the blame game between contractors, interior designers, or architects —just simple solutions to help smoothly move your remodeling project toward a successful outcome.
Advantages of Design-Build
- Single point of responsibility minimizes owner risk
- Eliminates adversarial conditions: No blame-shifting or excuses that occur with multiple parties
- Team approach saves time and money
- Faster project delivery
- Open/transparent and instantaneous communication
- Higher quality design and innovation
The Design-Build approach is relatively simple. It’s a group of teammates working closely together to achieve the same goal. Providing planning, collaboration, mutual respect, trust, and shared leadership between the team members and clients. “There is no I in team.” It doesn’t matter how great a superstar you have; you can’t win the championship without your full team pulling its weight in most teams. This rings true with Design-Build also. You’ll never finish your project on time or within budget without full participation and performance from all your team members.
Architecture | Interiors | Construction
Architecture, Interiors, Construction
DISCOVERY / CONSULTATION
- We take the time to meet you in our design center or in your home to understand the goals and desires you hope to accomplish with your project. Together, we explore the possibilities for what you’d like to achieve. We can bring your vision to life from a better layout to more space or maybe just a more aesthetically pleasing home.
- We provide our shared, refined vision and ideas — along with an initial rough budget.
- We answer your questions and share our process for guiding you through a successful project. If it feels like we’re a good fit for each other, we’ll move to the next step — which includes signing a Design Agreement and getting started on the design.
DESIGN — Details, Details, Details!
- The first step in our process is a design interview in your home, where we dig deep to understand how you live in your home, along with your remodeling needs and desires.
- We measure and take photographs, then start moving images and ideas into blueprints and 3D renderings of your new dream home.
- A dedicated team of architectural and interior designers works with you to create preliminary layouts and designs for the new project, making sure that your needs are reflected in the design.
- We prepare detailed floor plans, elevations, and 3D imaging to help you visualize the new space.
- During the Design Development phase, you and your designer will meet and walk through the many possibilities at our design center and vendors’ showrooms — where you can select from the vast array of options, products, and finishes to be used in your project.
- Throughout this phase, we work closely with you to value-engineer the design, which allows you to feel confident about the budget provided — and secure that your project will not surpass it.
BUDGETING & PERMITING
- After developing your project, we provide a detailed written Scope of Work, which undergoes a formal estimating phase to arrive at a fixed-price.
- Our team of architectural designers begins preparing the final build set of blueprints used to submit to the Building Department for Permitting — and by our project managers and tradespeople out in the field. Great care and attention to detail are provided to ensure code compliance, structural soundness, and beauty in the finished product.
- JRP Design & Remodel will attain all the necessary building permits from your city or county municipality. You can relax and proceed with the project, completely confident that JRP is handling every detail.
- We’ll hold a Pre-Construction Meeting to discuss logistics and expectations with you and the production team prior to starting construction on your project.
- JRP is a “white glove” builder and remodeler. Your dedicted Project Manager will be on site daily, ensuring all work is done to specifications, using the highest quality building materials and techniques. Your project manager will also handle all aspects of construction, from serving as the point of contact for all trade contractors, vendors and city inspectors to resolving issues if they arise.
- You’ll never have to guess at the status of your home. Our web-based software provides you with daily logs containinig progress photos, scheudle updates and any communication necessary. Our internal team meets weekly on the status of your build — and more often as required.
- Our in-depth project close-out process includes a full inspection by our Production Manager and your Project Manager for a detailed walk-through to compile a final “punch list.” Upon move-in, you will receive a Comprehensive Close-Out Package with copies of all contracts, invoices, releases, city documents, manuals and warranties.
WARRANTY / HOME CARE & REPAIR
- At JRP, we believe that truly exceptional customer service begins at the first phone call, continues through the span of a project, and then goes above and beyond. The true measure of a company’s integrity is how they treat their customers — especially long after completing a job. Our Premium Client Care Warranty demonstrates that JRP significantly exceeds the industry standard for standing behind our work. You’ll enjoy a full-coverage warranty during the two-year period following your home’s completion; and a four-year materials warranty followed by a 10-year structural warranty for years two through ten — plus the option to participate in our turnkey Home Care & Repair Program, which takes home maintenance out of your hands and makes it worry-free.