Worldly Heritage Case Study
North Ranch Kitchen Remodel
The 1960s boxed floorplan of this residence resulted in small and isolated spaces. This dated home needed an extensive remodel to open up the flow from the very small kitchen into to the family room and bar. By removing a wall between the kitchen and family room, and removing a few windows from the kitchen, a new breathable layout with a far more inclusive space was achieved.
- Pre-Design Consultation: During the walk-through, they advised us that they wanted to do an extensive remodel to open up the flow of the home and illuminate the boxed 1960 floor plan.
- Preliminary Scope & Budget: We provided our vision and ideas to remove the wall between the kitchen and the family room. Opening up the flow and bringing in more light throughout the space would also make the home feel more extensive, and the kitchen would no longer be excluded from the rest of the living areas.
- Design Agreement: was signed, and our team went to work scheduling and getting the process started.
- Site Measure: We measured and photographed the interior and exterior of the home. We have to document all the existing floorplans' existing conditions to present to the building department what is there now and what we propose to change.
- Design Interview: Our Architect and Interior Designer dug deep into the details to figure out how the homeowner planned to live in the home.
- Develop Design Concepts: We created preliminary layouts and 3D designs to make sure we hit the mark, and that the design concepts reflected all the clients’ needs. Once approved, we moved onto the next stage.
- Finalize Major Design Details: We completed the detailed floorplans, elevations, and 3D renderings to help the client make decisions and visualize every detail. During this step we layout the cabinet pullouts, spice racks, knife drawers, Lazy Susans, and placement of all the appliances.
- Develop Scope of Work: Along with the drawings, we developed a written scope of work which then undergoes the formal estimating phase to arrive at the fixed price.
Construction Docs & Permitting
- Submit Plans for Permits: This can be a lengthy process depending on the building department and their workload, but we handle every detail to obtain the building permits necessary.
- Select Materials & Finishes: The clients met with our Interior Designer in our design center to select all the finished materials to be used in their project.
- Permit Received
- Project Handoff to Production Team: Our Designers handed off the project to our Production Team to begin turning our ideas into reality.
- Secure Building Permits: Our Architects worked with the city to ensure everything about our building process was up to code.
- Finalize Construction Schedule: The clients were provided with a detailed timeline of when specific projects would start and be completed.
- Pre-Construction Meeting: The clients met with their dedicated Project Manager to discuss the logistics prior to construction starting.
- Site Preparations & Job Site Mobilization
- Construction Management: During the entire remodel our clients never had to guess at the status of their kitchen. Our web-based software provided daily logs containing progress photos, schedule updates, and any communication necessary.
- Project Completion: Our in-depth project close-out process includes a full inspection by our Production Manager and your Project Manager for a detailed walk-through to compile a final “punch list.” Upon move-in, you will receive a Comprehensive Close-Out Package with copies of all contracts, invoices, releases, city documents, manuals, and warranties.
Now the clients get to enjoy their new home with the comfort of knowing we’ve got them covered. JRP’s Premium Client Care Warranty doubles that of typical industry standards, demonstrating we stand behind the quality of our work. We hold our team and our Trade Contractors accountable to a high standard to ensure your home is a place you’re proud of for years to come.
"We purchased our home knowing we were going to have to do a fairly extensive remodel given it was pretty dated. Being new to the area made it more challenging as we did not know many people, so finding the right team to take on this project was a bit daunting. We first chose to research JRP largely because we kept seeing their sign on existing remodels in our neighborhood and other nearby neighborhoods. If that many people are using them, they must be good!
It was quite clear from everyone we asked about JRP, that they only delivered high quality. There really was no comparison in the confidence Justin provided, versus other contractors we interviewed: from creative ideas to ensuring quality work and selling us with the turnkey services offered through the Design and Build process.
Seeing the virtual renderings of exactly how our home would be redesigned, provided the comfort we needed when making this extensive investment.
Justin also made recommendations for things to consider, that we had not thought of, and I can honestly say they are some of the items that have made the most difference to us. So always listen with an open mind.
We travel significantly and were gone a lot of the time during the whole project. It was most critical to have a team we could completely rely on. The JRP team did not disappoint. They took care of EVERYTHING.
They were always responsive, and kept things moving, even when our lack of response slowed things. As with any remodel project of this scope, we certainly expected to encounter issues. However, unlike many other companies and contractors, JRP operates with extreme integrity. Every single issue we encountered was resolved in a fair and equitable manner (Special shout out to Vinny who was always available to hear me out and help resolve my escalation items - and always did so with extreme kindness).
Everyone was always very pleasant and kind throughout the whole process. The quality of the product delivered is exceptional, and our home is beautiful. Very happy feeling settled in our place. I could keep going on, but I think you get the gist - Use JRP!"
Google Review August 2020